Monday, September 1, 2008

My Stats: Week Five

Weight: 229
No loss, no gain

This isn't so bad because I have not exercised any this week, I have eaten a lot compared with my usual diet this weekend because of company in town, and I've enjoyed the feeling of being bloated and extra cranky due to the other monthly visitor girls are so fortunate to have. (sorry if it's tmi...but this is my health journal!) I actually canceled my membership to the Y this week. I didn't want to do it, but I am just too tired to go in the afternoons and I prefer to come home and visit with Maddie and Eddie before they leave for the day. Gyms have never been a favorite place of mine and so I thought I could make use of that $46/month fee for something else.

I'm going to go back to waking early in the morning (4:55 a.m.) and walking at my house (on my driveway...it's long!). Early morning is the best time for me to get in exercise, before I'm exhausted by the days demands! Also, for me anything I can do at home I am actually more likely to do. I loved the Y once I got there, but it's the getting there that was a problem.

So a new week, a new plan, a new goal!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm with you on the gym thing...it's so hard to get there but once I'm there it's fine. UGH...

Nanette R. said...

I don't think we've ever met, but I am a friend of Candace K. from Lifeway days and found your blog from hers. Anyway, I'm a fellow struggler in the weight loss dept. and wanted to let you know about an online food journal called dailyplate.com that helps you keep track of everything you eat and has lots of restaurants and items from the grocery store already in there. Also, I just cancelled my Y mbrshp too and am going to rejoin a church rec center near my house that has good equipment and an indoor track (I live in South Nashville). Hope that helps and that you find encouragement in your journey this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just randomly landed on your blog, and wanted to offer you a little encouragement and a few tips!

1) The gym is over-rated. You can get plenty of exercise elsewhere for free. Continue your morning walks, but change it up (sometimes faster walks but shorter distance, sometimes wear ankle weights, etc.) Also, park at the back of every parking lot, and skip the elevator if it is just 2 or 3 floors up.

2)Eat a stalk of celery before lunch and dinner. Celery actually results in negative calories- you burn more energy digesting it than you get from it. What's even better, is when you eat it just before dinner, and get full on a much smaller amount of high calorie food. You can actually displace 200-300 calories per meal, depending on what you are eating.

3) If you must snack, go ahead and eat what you really want. If you are really craving a Snicker bar, but decide to eat a rice cake instead to be healthy... you will eat the rice cake and then still want the snicker bar later. The end result is you will eat the snicker anyway, or something else in its place to compensate. You are really better off eating the snicker and being done with the snack. Try the fun size instead of the full bar.

Good luck and stick with it! Remember you have to do something for 3 weeks and it will become a habit.

Amy Maze said...

Thanks for the tips and encouragement guys! It's a daily struggle, but the blog helps so much!

Hayley said...

Hi,

Found your blog through Fabulous K, and just had to leave a comment. Just started my own weight loss programme, also have decided to do my own thing. So will be with you every step of the way!
Good luck!
Hayley

kcaimee said...

Where r u? DON'T give up!! There will be ups and downs (literally), but you have to hang in there.