Sunday, August 24, 2008

Still Trying...

As important as I know exercise is, it's still so hard for me to like, enjoy, or force myself to do. This is a busy time of the school year, a time when I am exhausted because of the demands of each day. There is never a great time to start a plan and become perfect at it I guess. That's why I'm recording my journey here. So I can learn from my mistakes and victories.

This week I only exercised twice. Monday I went to a class and Wednesday I walked on the treadmill at the Y. My goal is to attend at least 3 classes a week (M, W, and Th.) So far I can't seem to muster up the energy or enthusiasm to attend the Thursday class. I'm completely exhausted after school (especially the end of the week) and this severely interferes with my time at home with Madison and Eddie. However, I think classes give me variety in my workout routine and they work me hard too. So, I see the importance of them. When I go, I actually do enjoy them, the teachers are always nice and friendly. They show me low impacts variations to do if they see me struggling to do a particular part. So, I guess my point here is I'll try again this week to improve on my daily exercise routine.

Food...I've been ok this week. I still haven't started to record my food in order to count calories. I had more sweets this weekend than usual because of my sister's birthday party. But there is always an excuse I guess. I'm trying, I've got to try harder though. Let's see what the scale says in the morning!!

No comments: