Monday, August 4, 2008

The Plan

Well, here's the plan. I'm trying to get out of 'obesity' and into 'normal weight' and this is how I'm going to do it:

First of all, I'm using this blog as my weight loss/diet journal. These words are for me, to journal and chronicle this journey. If you want to peak inside and see what's going on go ahead. Please don't cast judgement on my inability to control my weight, believe me I do enough of that! I'm keeping this blog public as motivation for myself and also to motivate the other fat girls out there who may find reading about my journey helpful or inspiring in some way. Sometimes it just makes you feel better to know another fat girl is out there with your same thoughts.

Secondly, I'm actually posting my weight and clothing size for the world to see. I'm not sure why, except to say...why not? I have to be real with myself first and admitting the real numbers is the first step. It's really not like anyone out there somehow believes I'm a size 10 and 150 pounds. The plan is for these numbers to actually go down! I thought about doing the whole measuring body parts and all, but it's too time consuming. I think weight and clothing size is sufficient for me.

Thirdly, I'm going to start moving. I'm a member of a gym...how many fat people are out there carrying gym memberships? I hate going, always have and I rarely go. Something about getting in the car and driving to the gym...I don't know I just am not one of those people who enjoy it at all. The thing is, exercise has to be easily put into your daily routine. It can't be too complicated to schedule and it has to be during part of my day when I actually have energy to move. For me, the best time is 5:00 a.m. This doesn't always work out, but it's my best time. So this morning mom and I got up and walked our driveway for (almost) 30 minutes...hey it's a start. (Our driveway is long...we live in the country) There is really no excuse to not walking everyday...except rain and cold...but that won't happen very much. I actually laughed at mom when she said the cold won't bother her b/c we turn on our gas fire at night when it gets down to like 60 degrees! I'm not giving up my gym membership yet, but we'll see. It is $46/month I could be saving...

3 comments:

Denna said...

You can do it. It is not easy, but it can be done. I was on weight watchers and lost 22 pounds in like 3 months. I got off of it due to some stress and I am gaining it back.:( I have gained almost 5 pounds back, but I am starting again and hopefully will see more results. Hang in there.

Jill said...

Amy~ I have confidence in you! You can do it!!! I completely understand about the gym, it is really hard to go. Just remember, you'll never regret going to the gym, just not going. I have to tell myself that all the time.

BTW~ I love the blog design. It's adorable and girly!

Nancy Hamilton said...

Amy- you inspire me sista! :) you go girl. Im so proud of you! As I was beginning to lose lbs a couple yrs ago, a mentor of mine said to me, "your loving food is really just a sign of a spiritual issue". That's stuck with me to this day. You are on my daily prayer list and know that with God's POWER helping you-you will make it.

And, it IS ok to enjoy a cupcake every now and then....! Try frozen cool whip for a dessert -----that one tip has helped this sweets lover more than you know!

Love you! :) Press on girl!