Sunday, August 17, 2008

This Week

This week was OK. I exercised Monday and Tuesday mornings, went to a class on Wednesday after school, walked Thursday after supper, and did not do anything Fri-Sun (does shopping count?) So overall, that is better than the prior week.

Diet was ok as well, I cooked Monday and Tuesday, ate at Chili's on Wednesday night (Grilled Chix with rice and black beans), Thursday night was leftovers, Friday night PF Changs (this was not a good choice...Crab Wontons, Lettuce Wraps, and Lo Mein), Saturday I cooked Fish...however I also ate 3 mini cream puffs and 4 mini petifores. Those were not good choices.

Weigh in is in the morning and we'll see what my body says. It's still a work in progress...

These are some interesting facts I've learned along the way and I want to keep in mind:
1 pound of body fat = 3,500 calories
you must burn 250-500 calories per day = weight loss
You should eat at least 1,200 calories per day and stay between 1,500-1,800 for weight loss
To maintain weight loss = 2,000-2,500 calories per day
My Daily Calorie Goal=1,610
My weight goal = 107.8-145.1 (for normal BMI range)
My current BMI=39
3 months of anything can change your life expectancy
You should be able to walk 1/4 of a mile in 6 minutes


#1 Body Agers:
1. Diet
2. Excercise
3. Sleep
4. Sun
5. Stress

Food Labels, What you don't want to see:
More than 10 grams of fat per serving
More than 500 milligrams of sodium per serving
Any Trans Fats
More than 25 grams of carbs per serving

What you do want to see:
FIBER

2 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Question about the one lb of body fat = 3500 calories. Not sure if you know this. Do you have to burn that many a week to burn a pound a week? If so, yuck.

Shopping can count. Did you walk around a lot? We should go shopping together. Shopping with me is a workout :)

You're doing great Amy. I worked out ONCE last week!

Jill said...

Amy~ Wow... Thanks for all this great information. I try really hard to eat more fiber. I found a really good fiber bread. You may already know about it... Nature's Own Fiber Wheat Bread. I like it in morning for Cin. Toast (I use low fat spread and very little sugar) and for Grilled Cheeses. I use the Kraft Fat Free cheese slices and spray butter. It's actually really good! I feel like I'm having something bad but there's not many calories or fat and lots of fiber.

You doing a great job. Thanks for sharing all your tips.